Youth Badminton Instructional Classes
** Cancelled **
Two sessions are available this fall. Registration online via button above. Safety protocols to expect. Listed below.
Saturday's, 11:45 AM - 1:15 PM
Dates: Sept. 26, Oct. 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, Nov. 7, 14, 21, 28, Dec. 5, 12 (12 weeks)
Ages: 6 -18
Coaches: Mike, Navin, Praveen
Sunday's, 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM
Dates: Sept. 27, Oct. 4, 11, 18, 25, Nov. 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, Dec. 6, 13 (12 weeks)
Ages: 6 -18
Coaches: Mike, Dan, Eric
Students will be placed into small groups consisting of a maximum of 4 players with similar skill, playing ability, and age. The basics of badminton will be taught through instruction, games, and fun activities. Correct grip, different types of service, overhead strokes, underhand strokes, basic footwork badminton rules, scoring, & etiquette will be learned.
Those students with prior badminton experience will achieve a higher level of consistency hitting the bird, proper footwork, and court strategy. Instruction will include various badminton shots that include clears, drops, smashes, net shots, lifts, and game play strategy. Preparation for tournament play will be emphasized.
Experienced badminton students will learn advanced techniques and strategies for playing at a high skill level. There will be a focus on precision, speed, agility, and stamina through conditioning. Students will be encouraged to "go that extra mile" in order to compete at a high level in regional tournament play.
Opportunities to participate in tournament play with other badminton clubs and youth from school badminton programs is offered. Sunday class includes end of season pizza party.
**All Rally Niagara youth coaches are background screened, certified in Safety Sports Training, and will be masked during coaching sessions. Add'l gym safety protocols will be in place including masks when not playing on court. Due to Covid-19 safety procedures, only one parent will be allowed in facility at any one time.
Safety protocols for classes:
* If a student has a temperature or is exhibiting sickness symptoms, we ask that you e-mail us in advance and stay home
* Class registration is online. No walk-in registrations permitted unless communicated in advance to the club
* At this time we are allowing only one parent or guardian of student to enter facility to avoid any congestion
* We ask that students arrive between 15 minutes and 5 minutes before class. Doors will be open for airflow purposes
* Masks are required for all entering facility and must be worn at all times, except for students when they are on courts
* We ask that you practice social distancing, by maintaining 6 ft distance between you and others. There will be chair spacing and markers on floor to assist
* There is a hand sanitizing station when entering facility that must be used. In addition, temperature checks for students are required. A temperature of 100.4 or greater will result in the inability for students to participate that day
* Students will be directed to a specific chair where they can choose to remove mask and change into non-marking shoes (required for court mat training)
* Group classes are limited to 4 students per court. When possible we will spread out to 2 players per court
* Coaches will be wearing masks when instructing
* Each coaches will have their own bin of disinfected shuttles to use
* No equipment is allowed to be borrowed from the club, however new rackets and grips are available for sale
* There will be no drinking fountain for use. Please bring your own water / refreshments. Water bottles and packaged snacks are also for sale
* Cash, check, and credit cards are acceptable forms of payment.